OUR LEADERSHIP

Brother George Gunder
Basileus

Brother James W. Trapp, Jr.
Vice Basileus

Brother Terence Williams
Keeper of Records & Seal

Brother Randall Robinson
Keeper of Finance

Brother Rev. Richard Greene
Chaplain

Brother El Ta'Shik Faruq
Keeper of Peace

Brother Oscar L. Williams
Chapter Recorder

Brother Jeff Diggs, Sr.
Immediate Past Basileus

MU RHO CHAPTER

The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity was founded on November 17, 1911, in the office of Associate Professor Ernest E. Just in Thirkield Hall (Science Building) at Howard University by four outstanding men: Ernest E. Just, Oscar J. Cooper, Edgar A. Love and Frank Coleman.

These four men believed that college-educated men had something to give mutually that the University could not provide. On October 28, 1914, the Fraternity was incorporated and declared a national organization by the United States Congress under the laws governing the District of Columbia.

FRATERNITY HISTORY

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is the first international fraternal organization to be founded on the campus of a historically black college. Omega Psi Phi Fraternity was founded on November 17, 1911, at Howard University in Washington, D.C. The founders were three Howard University undergraduates, -- Edgar Amos Love, Oscar James Cooper, and Frank Coleman. Joining them was their faculty adviser, Dr. Ernest Everett Just.

From the initials of the Greek phrase meaning, "FRIENDSHIP IS ESSENTIAL TO THE SOUL", the name Omega Psi Phi was derived. That phrase was selected as the motto.

Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, and Uplift were adopted as Cardinal Principles.